Memory Care Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
100 Chatuga Drive West
Loudon, TN 37774, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are looking to add a Bridge to Rediscovery Director (BTRD) to our team. The BTRD is responsible for the leadership of all aspects of the Bridge to Rediscovery (BTR) neighborhood in their community. As the leader of the BTR neighborhood, the BTRD is responsible for ensuring a person-centered culture is implemented and practiced. The BTRD will plan, direct and evaluate the neighborhood and program as well as coordinate, train, supervise and coach the BTR Team Members. The BTRD offers dementia expertise and dementia care resources in collaboration with community leaders in culinary, resident engagement and health and wellness to develop and execute a personalized service plan to support the overall well-being of the residents.
What You’ll Do
Resident Care Management
- Develop and maintain a program which is therapeutic and age appropriate for the residents within the Bridge to Rediscovery Neighborhood based on Montessori for Dementia principles.
- Ensure that Bridge to Rediscovery standards are upheld.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an innovative monthly engagement calendar.
- Initiate, conduct, facilitate, and/or assign daily programming tasks seven days per week.
- Lead and implement one-on-one, small and large group activities according to the engagement schedule.
- Support resident participation in dining and collaborates with the Culinary team to ensure resident nutrition needs are met, the quality of the culinary experience remains positive and the BTR Dining standards are implemented and executed.
- Conduct ongoing dementia in-services for all team members.
- Partner with resident families to obtain individual resident histories, preference assessments, and develop individualized service plans to support a successful transition into the neighborhood.
- Act as the main point of contact for families of residents residing in the neighborhood.
- Provide family education through support groups, family council, and other methods of information such as newsletters, brochures, etc.
Staff And Community Management
- Lead, direct, and coach team members in understanding the BTR philosophy of care and encourages learning by modeling the proper approaches and communication techniques.
- Partner with Sales and the Director of Resident Care to assess potential memory care residents in accordance with current rules, regulations, and community policies and procedures.
- Coordinate assessments, ongoing evaluations, and family care conferences for BTR residents in partnership with the Director of Resident Care.
- In collaboration with the Director of Resident Care, the BTRD partners with community healthcare professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, and state agencies on the care needs of residents.
- Partner with the Director of Resident Care/designee to hire, train, supervise, and schedule caregiving team members according to Five Star’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with new team member orientation and ensures team members have been properly trained in dementia and BTR standards.
Compliance And Fiscal Management
- Maintain department budget and fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all team members, residents, and guests following established safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations, and all company policies and procedures concerning the department.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
The Neighborhood at Tellico Village is a beautiful community in Loudon, TN, with more than 50 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.