Medication Aide Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
13180 Dorman Road
Pineville, NC 28134, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are seeking compassionate Certified Medication Aide to provide support for our community’s residents with the essential day-to-day tasks they can no longer perform or need help with. Certified Medication Aide is responsible for administering daily medication residents. Duties include monitoring residents, reporting changes, and collecting samples.
The ideal medication aide will be extremely detail-oriented and possess in-depth knowledge of resident care procedures. Providing excellent resident care is a vital part of this job, which is why excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver routine daily medications, either prescription or non-prescription, to residents.
- Record medication dosages and times.
- Observe residents and document changes in their condition.
- Gather samples for analysis.
- Ensure equipment is routinely inspected and cleaned.
- Uphold all health and safety standards.
- Follows federal, state, and agency regulations to protect own health and that of others
- Coordinate with different nurses to assist with resident care and medications.
- Follow written or verbal instructions on how to manage medications.
- Respond to resident emergency call signals, bells, or intercom systems to identify residents needs.
- Protects confidential client information unless otherwise required to promote client safety and welfare
- Seeks guidance from the nurse as needed to perform tasks safely and efficient
What You’ll Bring
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Must be a certified medication aide.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a medication aide.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.
- CPR/First Aid Certification desired (unless required by the State)
- Previous experience in long-term care preferred
- Working experience alone, on a team, and on projects start to finish
- Strong emotional intelligence and listening skills
- Dedication to the medical field, especially towards working with the elderly
- Must pass State and company background checks and drug test.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
The Haven & The Laurels in the Village at Carolina Place is a beautiful community in Pineville, NC, with more than 150 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.