Maintenance Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
16922 Hierba Drive
San Diego, CA 92128, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are actively hiring for an experienced Maintenance Director to join our team. As Maintenance Director, you will be responsible for directing and overseeing the maintenance of the property while leading and directing a team of maintenance team members. It is the Maintenance Director’s responsibility to construct and implement maintenance policies and procedures that are compliant to Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations. Additionally, you will create preventive maintenance system policies and procedures to anticipate future maintenance issues in order manage daily operations in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
What You’ll Do
- Perform daily general maintenance work, including replacing light bulbs, repairing electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances.
- Prepare resident apartments for new occupants by painting, cleaning carpets and general maintenance.
- Maintain the grounds by mowing, sweeping and trimming trees and shrubs or securing/managing contractor for those duties.
- Take out trash and conducts daily inspections of the building exterior and ground equipment.
- Transport residents to and from appointments in the absence of the Recreation Manager or Van Driver, using the community vehicle.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Keep accurate maintenance records of work done, inventory and purchasing. Manages expenses through knowledge of budget. May purchase maintenance supplies, tools and appliances with Executive Director approval.
- Recommend replacement of major items (such as carpet, appliances, etc.) as well as long and short-term maintenance needs.
- Maintain, plan, and implement preventative maintenance program and prepares the Preventative Maintenance Report for Executive Director's review.
- Obtain bids for Project Authorization Requests (PAR items).
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
The Remington Club is a beautiful community in San Diego, CA, with more than 400 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.