Licensed Practical Nurse Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
5055 West Panther Creek Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77381, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, for patients/clients of all ages in their place of residence. Participates in the coordination of care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/client, family and referring agency.
What You’ll Do
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in identifying the patient’s/client’s physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation.
- Participates in planning and implementing care in partnership with the patient/client, representative (if any) and caregiver(s) and with the RN. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Provides patient/client and caregiver education.
- Provides care using infection control measures that protect both staff and patient/client.
- Assures the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient/client care.
- Provides effective communication to the patient/client, family, team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences, and communication notes. Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payer.
- Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Promotes Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Observe and report on residents’ health, escalating any problems efficiently and effectively
- Detail daily reports to Nurse, or designated charge person, at end of shift
- Provide emotional support and serve as a source of comfort for residents and their loved ones
- Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and report to a supervisor
What You’ll Bring
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a hospital or clinical setting
- Associates degree or higher, focused on advancement into medical services, or similar, preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certification desired (unless required by the State)
- Valid, unrestricted LPN certification or State/Local equivalent required
- Working experience alone, on a team, and on projects start to finish
- Strong emotional intelligence and listening skills
- Dedication to the medical field, especially towards working with the residents
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
Five Star Senior Living offers convenient home health care for our residents
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.