Licensed Practical Nurse Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2705 Avenue E
Sterling, IL 61081, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
At this time, we are seeking a LPN to join our team!
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for IL resident services based on residents' social, psychological and physical needs and desires.
- Coordinates resident activities of daily living; advocate resident independence throughout all programming.
- Assists with resident move-in and move-outs and with resident discharge planning as needed.
- Evaluates IL residents' needs for supervision and adjustment to apartment living.
- Manages resident complaints and communicate same to department managers.
- Conducts community tours and events in cooperation with marketing office.
- Manages annual IL resident satisfaction surveys including development of participation strategy, action plan resulting from outcome, and communication of results to IL resident association.
- Assist residents who are in transition i.e., move-ins, return from hospital or skilled nursing facilities after illness, or any other significant life event.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Effectively manage residents and families concerns/grievances.
- Monitors and reviews resident incidents to identify possible legal issues and to identify patters that might require preventive intervention.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with intradepartmental personnel, as well as, other departments within the community.
- Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing. Current state license to practice as a nurse. Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired. .
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to bed, stoop, lift, stir, walk and stand for extended periods throughout the work day. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have an Illinois license in good standing and experience working with seniors is a plus.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
Morningside of Sterling is a beautiful community in Sterling, IL, with more than 90 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.