Director of Resident Care Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
240 Marietta Highway
Canton, GA 30114, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are actively hiring for a Director of Resident Care to join our team. The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care to ensure residents remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. The Resident Care Director will assist residents and their families in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the residents. In this role you will serve as a member of the community’s leadership team and may take on the role and responsibilities of the Executive Director in his or her absence or as needed.
What You’ll Do
Resident Care and Community Maintenance
- Overall management of the Resident Services Department to provide quality care and services to all residents.
- Serve as the liaison between resident, family, physician, and other health care providers regarding health care issues.
- Perform hands-on care procedures within the scope of practice as allowed by state law and in compliance with Five Star Senior Living policies and procedures.
- Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives, and standards of the Resident Services department to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Ensure resident care meets the personal, physical, and cognitive needs of each resident as well as maximizing the resident care capacities, identity, independence, choice, and opportunity for social interaction.
- Maintain a current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations and routinely monitor community compliance with regulations related to resident care.
- Effective and efficient organization and staffing of the Resident Services Department.
- Monitor the outcomes of Resident Services activities by evaluating staff performance, ensuring compliance with community and State Regulations, and monitoring the effective and efficient use of budgeted resources.
- Ensure sound infection control practices are in place that promote a healthy environment and ensure all required infection control training is met.
- Direct staff to provide quality and appropriate resident care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Assure the completion of team members schedules with ongoing monitoring of schedules to assure staffing requirements are met.
What You’ll Bring
Experience & Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two years of experience in an assisted living environment preferred.
- Three years of experience in a position with management and leadership responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to apply Geriatric Nursing principles.
- Familiarity with pertinent State Regulations.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
Cameron Hall - Canton is a beautiful community in Canton, GA, with more than 90 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.