Assistant Director of Resident Care Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
111 Executive Center Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401, US
Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are actively seeking an Assistant Resident Services Director to join our team. The Assistant Resident Services Director will work directly with the Resident Services Director to assist in managing day-to-day functions. It is the responsibility of the Assistant to train, supervise and schedule care staff members as well as coordinate all services relating to resident care needs. You will also manage changes of resident condition in coordination with the Resident Service Director.
What You’ll Do
Planning And Coordinating
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and managing the Resident Services Department.
- Assist in overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Resident Services Director as well as services provided to the residents.
- Work closely with and under supervision of the Resident Services Director in overall operation of Resident Services Department.
- Support and practice the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Resident Services Department and participate in the revision of these to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that support Resident Services Department objectives.
- Ensure that the philosophy, objectives, and standards of the Resident Services Department are an integral part of the orientation and education of the Resident Services personnel.
- Incorporate Wellness philosophy, standards, and objectives into the evaluation process for staff in Resident Services.
What You’ll Bring
Experience & Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- 2 Years’ experience in an assisted living environment desired.
- Three years’ experience in a position with management and leadership responsibilities.
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of Geriatrics is desirable.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form) in a care setting with residents, families, staff, representatives of community and state agencies.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we’re looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You’re forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You’re a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what’s next, you’re always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Job Additional Information
Fountainview is a beautiful community in West Palm Beach, FL, with more than 330 units offering independent living and assisted living.
Who We Are
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star and Ageility is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
Explore the possibilities of a career with us.